I have to admit that I feel quite honoured I have the opportunity to write a post about the “Case number 26 Bathtub Gin”. This is a very exciting event organised by Remixed Vintage UK to help raise money for the Great Ormond Street Hospital. A fabulous 1920’s inspired night of live jazz entertainment with an up to date twist in a splendid secret London speakeasy! Are you gonna be there??!
Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity
Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity it’s a foundation trust since the 1st of March 2012. The hospital works with the UCL Institute of Child Health, and is the largest centre for research into childhood illness outside the United States and Canada. Also a major international trainer of doctors. It has the widest range of children’s specialists of any UK hospital, and is the largest centre for children’s heart or brain surgery, or for children with cancer, in the UK.
GOSH (Great Ormond Street Hospital), provides founds for 4 main areas:
- Rebuilding & Refurbishment
- Child and Family Support
You can find more info on their website, including how to donate.
On Thursday 26th of April, Remixed Vintage UK, is launching an amazing evening to help this Charity in a perfect Vintage Style!
What to expect:
- The fabulous vocalist trio ‘The Wild Tonics‘ as seen on BBC1’s ‘All Together Now‘, The Ritz, The NED London and Brassiere Zedel taking classic hits back in time to the big brassy sound of the 1920’s.
- Jazz chanteuse ‘Madeleine Rose Witney‘ as seen at Jazz Café, The Groucho and The Royal Albert Hall will mesmerise you with her old soul jazz tones and R&B influence.
- The captivating soulful songbird ‘Auzelina Cooks‘ brings a sound that captures all your senses and leaves you breathless. Her style is adaptable to any genre of music and her 1920’s jazz tones are captivating. Her style encapsulates soul, jazz and hip hop in a way that remains versatile.
- Vintage Dj ‘Professor Gramophone‘ as seen at Retrofestival and The Prohibition party on the decks spinning the best in 1920’s authentic jazz, Nu-swing and electro-swing tunes to get your feet stomping.
The fundraising of the night will be:
- Silent auction. This have already started! https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/
- Priceless one of a kind Dita Von Teese painting made using traditional aluminium etching & hand cut stencil work fused with spray can art)
- Fabulous true vintage items
- Vintage style items
- Gourmet Cupcake sale
Donators for auction:
I hope I’ve thrilled you enough, so Flappers & Dapper gents dress up in your finest 1920’s glads rags and come shake your tush to some fine music whilst sipping fancy cocktails and raising money for a wonderful cause.
Darling Le Glam